DeSales University Adjunct Teaching Position
Weis In-Store Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Weis Markets has an immediate opening for an In-Store Registered Dietitian Nutritionist in the Allentown area, with additional coverage provided to neighboring Lehigh Valley stores.
The In-Store Registered Dietitian is responsible for providing associates and customers with meaningful and approachable nutrition, health and wellness solutions that can be incorporated into their shopping experience and lifestyle. Both in Weis Markets stores and the community, the dietitian will plan, market and execute nutrition, health and wellness programming in a variety of ways including store tours, sales floor tasting events, group education classes, culinary demos, presentations and individualized consultations.
Founded in 1912, Weis Markets, Inc. is a Mid Atlantic food retailer operating 206 stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Virginia and West Virginia.
- Plan, market, execute nutrition, health and wellness programming including, but not limited to, store tours, sales floor tasting events, education classes, culinary demos and wellness events both in store and the community.
- Develop healthy living content, such as healthy shopping lists, brochures, recipes, presentations, etc. for education on issues relating to nutrition, health, wellness and disease management/prevention.
- Track and report the outcomes of executed nutrition and health and wellness programs.
- Drive sales through suggestive selling, sampling and promotional sales events.
- Educate shoppers on health conditions, including heart disease, diabetes, weight management, food allergies, and intolerances.
- Collaborate with store pharmacy teams to develop, market and deliver meaningful health and wellness events around relevant themes such as diabetes, food-drug interactions, flu prevention, etc.
- Establish strategic partnerships with third parties such as physicians, health-related non-profit organizations, hospitals, clinics, fitness centers, schools, businesses and area registered dietitians.
- Serve as a company spokesperson on topics related to nutrition, health and wellness in traditional and social media.
- Ensure store nutrition, health and wellness programming is consistent with corporate philosophies, goals and objectives.
- Tailor nutrition messages and programs to meet the store/market’s demographic and unique customer needs.
- Collaborate with store and department managers to foster a culture of wellness throughout the store.
- Participate in continuing education to maintain registration and licensing credentials.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a passion for helping others.
- Knowledge of accurate nutrition science, health, wellness and food trends and topics of interest to customer base.
- Knowledge of basic food safety and handling requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form with strong grammatical accuracy.
- Ability to function independently and work without immediate supervision.
- Ability to generate ideas, think creatively and work constructively independently and in groups.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work under pressure to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to develop and deliver engaging presentations to educate small and large groups.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively execute large-scale projects.
- Experience with traditional and social media.
- Basic culinary skills, knowledge and experience.
- Detail-oriented; dependable, tenacious and motivated with strong drive for results.
- Proficiency with nutrient analysis, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Travel and ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics. Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist.
- Prefer a minimum of 1 year of experience in the food or retail industry, clinical or public health setting, or a culinary role, though exceptions will be made if other criteria are met.
- Founded in 1912, Weis Markets, Inc. is a Mid Atlantic food retailer operating 206 stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Virginia and West Virginia.
Applicants that meet the minimum position requirements may submit a resume and cover letter to:
Beth Stark RDN, LDN
Manager of Lifestyle Initiatives
Part-Time Long Term Care/Rehab Facility Dietitian
At Dietitians on Demand, we’re on the search for top-notch talent to join our team of clinical nutrition professionals! Our positions vary from temporary, to long-term and even permanent. Below are the details of this opening:
- Reading, PA 19611
- Skilled Nursing Facility/Long Term Care/Rehabilitation
- Start date: As soon as possible for a minimum of 4 weeks, until vacancy is filled.
- 24 weekly hours, Monday through Friday, daytime hours.
- Must be registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Coordinate nutritional care of patients by completing nutrition assessments which are appropriate per established policies and procedures
- Identify and monitor patients at nutritional risk by providing a variety of medical nutrition therapy interventions
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team to deliver quality nutrition care and attend meetings as required
- Provide nutritional counseling and education
Long Term Care/Rehab Facility Dietitian
Dietitians on Demand, LLC is seeking a Registered Dietitian for a short-term assignment at a Long Term Care/Rehab Facility in the Pottstown, PA area. This position needs a minimum of 40 hours per week of weekday hours. No weekends. This contract pays $33.55 hourly and will start as soon as possible and last a minimum of 30 days.
If you or someone in your network may be interested in this opportunity please apply directly online at www.dietitiansondemand.com/careerportal/#/jobs/1897
- Coordinate nutritional care of residents and patients by completing nutritional assessments
- Participate in care planning meetings as required
- Provide nutritional counseling and education for residents and family
- Meet DOH/state/federal and company standards
- Perform duties independently without training or direction
- Candidates must be Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- High comfort level with enteral nutrition
- At least one year of experience in a long-term care setting
- Experience with MDS 3.0
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with electronic charting and the Nutrition Care Process preferred
- Familiarity with state survey process and compliance to nutrition care regulations
Dietitians On Demand, LLC is a nutrition staffing firm that provides contract dietitians to health care facilities throughout the United States. Our dietitians enjoy a competitive hourly wage, and a flexible work schedule with direct deposit.
Please apply directly online at www.dietitiansondemand.com/careerportal/#/jobs/1897
For more information about this position please contact Louise (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 804-545-9162 ext. 707.
Full-Time Registered Dietitian
Metz Culinary Management, a premier food service provider, is seeking a full time Registered Dietitian in the Allentown, Pa. area. Responsibilities include nutrition assessment, education, and appropriate follow-up for attaining treatment goals in a long term care setting per diem clinical coverage in an inpatient setting is also required.
Ideal candidate possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics, is a Registered Dietitian, and licensed by the state of Pennsylvania. Long term care experience preferred. Strong client and customer service skills are essential to success in this role.
We are looking for independently motivated candidates with professional demeanor and communications skills. Only experienced candidates with a strong work history will be reviewed.
Position offers a competitive salary and benefit package within an excellent work environment. Please send resume to email@example.com